Conceptual Art Director
Who We're Looking For
A conceptual thinker looking to deliver disruptive, standout ideas and stories for global brands across brand, packaging and large-scale brand experiences.
We’re looking for someone to join the Creative Department of a multi-disciplinary, multi-award-winning agency and drinks industry specialist with an enviable client list.
- A champion of the big idea, who brings creative flair alongside a clear rationale
- Someone with a sophisticated eye for design and an understanding of what it takes to execute ideas
- A passionate storyteller, who can get under the skin of a brand story
- A highly articulate communicator, with a high level of skill in expressing creative ideas through writing, mock-ups, mood boards etc
- Someone with a deep understanding of the creative process, who maintains the highest standards from brief to final delivery
- Immersed in creative culture with an ability to use your up-to-date insights to inform their work
- A keen collaborator, both across internal teams and departments and alongside clients and external partners
What's On Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Open to remote and hybrid working
- Flexible working - see below
- Studios in Edinburgh and Glasgow
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- 24/7 helpline and employee wellbeing assistance programme
- Fun and friendly office with a bar
- Work trips around the globe
Flexible Working Trial
Since early February, we have been trying something different, something that *fingers crossed* is here to stay.
Long story short. We find ourselves at the forefront of a global shift in how we work, when we work, and where we work. So to mix things up, we have implemented a nine-day working fortnight. We have every other Friday off to go and recharge our batteries. The Fridays at work are split into halves: mornings for Creative Catch Up and other meetings, while afternoons are dedicated to training and development. That’s 25 additional Fridays spent not in work and at least 7.5 days committed to training across the year.
We will test this for three months and have been and will continue to monitor this working model meticulously throughout the process to ensure this structure can mutually benefit you, our clients and the company itself.
Experts in the design and delivery of drinks brands, Contagious is an award-winning design agency based in Scotland with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow. With over 21 years of experience, Contagious is the creative mind behind some of your favourite global drinks brands. You might know a few of them: Absolut Vodka, The Macallan, Angel’s Envy Bourbon, Dobell Tequila, Gordon & MacPhail, Lind & Lime Gin and King’s Inch Whisky, to name but a few.
Creating and delivering Brand Strategy, Packaging, Activation, Retail and Destinations, Contagious leads the way in the drinks industry through the design of experiences unique to its clients’ brands.